Friday, April 06, 2007

April 6, 2002

Seven years ago
We met.
I adored you from the start.
I was crazy in love with you in a week.
By the end of the month I couldn't remember what life was like before you.

Six years ago
I asked you to spend the rest of your life with me.
Impatient, controlling, stubborn, overly-opinionated, emotional me.
I'm still in awe and over the top grateful you said yes.

Five years ago today
We were married.
A gift of God in every moment.
Grace upon grace.

Four minutes ago
I looked at cute you on the other side of the couch...
Three minutes ago
I listened to your familiar warm laugh...
Two minutes ago
I held your hand in mine...
And in this very minute
I'm whispering another thank you to God who brought you into my life because it only gets sweeter and better and deeper and truer with every passing day...minute by minute by minute.

Silly corny lovestruck words from silly corny lovestruck me to beautiful, sweet, brilliant, kind-hearted, forgiving, gentle-spirited, hysterically funny, adorable you.


Happy anniversary Honey.
You and you only.
Forever and forever.


The song, "Forever with Me" was written and performed by Nedra Johnson.

10 comments:

Ms. Conduct said...

Beautiful! Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

So happy for you both! God's blessings to you always!!
I pray God will use you both to minister to a needy and confused world!! Love has no gender!!

Happy Anniversary!

Mia

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to your love and life together. Thank you for sharing it with us! Congratulations! Here's to the rest of your lives together --

Audrey

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Anita and Dana!!
The video is great. You can see the hand of God on you and your wedding.

God Bless you both and your life together. :)

Kath

Anonymous said...

That was a beautiful video!
Happy Anniversary to you both.
Vickie

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an inspiration you both are! Anita and Dana, you are a sure sign from God that it is okay to love a woman, because love is His greatest gift! Thanks for sharing!

Love Nandi

Spring fever said...

I am so grateful that I can now see a true example of Love and the beauty it can bring. You both have been blessed. Congrats, and here is to the rest of your lives

Anonymous said...

That is totally beautiful! Thank you so much for posting it! And Congratulations!

Ann (racewalking clinic)

urbanite1 said...

My wife and I have been together almost 18 happy, happy years (married legally in Canada 4 years ago). Our best wishes to you on your anniversary. When it's right, it's right.

Jennifer said...

what a lovely picture slideshow!