I love grilling almost as much as walking and if I do say so myself, I wield a mighty skilled pair of tongs. Tonight's jantar consisted of grilled asparagus, onions, eggplant, red and yellow peppers, salmon and roasted red baby potatoes. As my wife says, "Yum, two hands on the belly." For the curious among you jantar is Portugese for dinner. You too can impress strangers and friends with a plethora of random foreign language references. The wonders of online language to language translators. How erevu I am. That's Swahili. Look it up.
So, back on topic. I put in my scheduled 6 miles yesterday but somehow I've managed to avoid putting in the puny little 3 miles scheduled for today, so now it's looking like 8 miles tomorrow instead of the scheduled 5 miles. This is both a demonstration of my ability to add small numbers in my head and re-arrange life in the continuing pursuit to excel in the art of procrastination.
While I didn't walk today, I've spent a disproportionate amount of the day obsessing about my upcoming 18 miler on Friday which should actually count for some kind of mental marathon training all from the comfort of the couch. BayCityWalker not only plotted the course but pounded the walk out this morning himself. He is indeed the man. So here's the route I'm planning for Friday along with directions.
- Go East on 100 Market to Ferry Street Building
- Continue on Embarcadero Street passing Pier 39 and Fisherman’s Wharf
- Merge left onto Jefferson at Wharf, passing the Cannery and Ghiradelli Square
- Follow shoreline at San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park and proceed up hill overlooking Fort Mason
- Walk trail bordering Fort Mason and continue straight onto Beach Street
- Turn right on Marina Blvd
- Go straight from Marina Blvd into Crissy Field at Old Mason Street
- Follow Old Mason Street to Crissy Field Warming Hut
- Turn sharp left onto Long Ave
- Right on Lincoln Blvd
- Lincoln Blvd becomes El Camino Del Mar Street (turn left when El Camino Del Mar intersects with El Camino Del Mar)
- Continue on El Camino Del Mar Street passing Lincoln Park Golf Course and Seals Rock State Beach
- Turn right on Point Lobos Avenue passing Cliff House
- Point Lobos Avenue turns into Great Hwy following coastline
- Left on Fulton Street with Golden Gate Park on south side
- Right on Stanyon Drive running parallel with east edge of Golden Gate Park
- Left on Oak Street
- Right on Divisadero Street
- Fork left onto Castro Street
- Turn left on Market Street
- Return to 100 Market to start